Maebellyne’s Awesome Dunking Biscuit Recipe
Our small business was founded on coffee and Maebellyne’s biscuits, taste the love from these amazing biscuits your self by following her recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 180°c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toast 110 grams of almonds until lightly browned and fragrant. Let it cool then chop coarsely and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat 35 grams granulated sugar and 2 large eggs until thick, pale, and fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together 225 grams all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the egg mixture and then fold in the chopped almonds and 110 grams chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to your parchment lined baking sheet and form into a log, about 12 inches long and 3 ½ inches wide. Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 165°c. Transfer the log to a cutting board and cut into ¾ inch slices, on the diagonal. Place the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let your tasty biscotti cool. Enjoy with a steaming cup of coffee!